Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2 Book to Movie


Day 2   Book to Movie
I rarely watch movies created from books that I have loved.  I can’t take the chance on a movie that could ruin that memory for me, the movie in my mind.  Last night I made an exception. We were celebrating our oldest daughter’s 21st birthday – homemade dinner of her choice, double layer chocolate cake with ice cream, 21 little presents, and a visit to Red Box. We chose The Help.  I was the only one in the family who had read the book and I was putting my trust in so many of my reader friends who loved the movie. 

While I would still choose the book over the movie, the movie did not disappoint or ruin the memory of the book.  Both the book and the movie left me teary eyed and touched.   

It is a good reminder to me that occasionally a movie can do a book justice.  That being said, I will never really understand how a 32-page picture book becomes a two-hour movie.  Today, yet another Dr. Seuss book, one of my favorites of Seuss, The Lorax will be on the big screen.  I’ll wait to hear reviews from young readers who see the movie before I buy my ticket. I'll put my trust in them. 

1 comment:

  1. I bought THE HELP on sale at Target but have been a little leery of watching it. You have given me courage! (Now, could you please give me the TIME?!?!?) :-)

    ReplyDelete